Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 day juice fast

I recently watched a movie called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead with my husband. It was a pretty good movie. We watched the film maker go from ... well every thing in the title of the movie to healthy and happy and slowly working his way off his medications. He looked amazing and it inspired us to try what he tried. So we soon will be starting a 10 day juice fast. I know it sounds crazy. Maybe it is a little bit. But I think we have both gotten to the point where we need to do something. We are not living a healthy life style and I would hate to see us drag our boys down that road too.

So we bought the juicer used in the movie. We looked at other juicers but this one seemed to have the best reviews. The hubby is at the store right now stocking up on large quantities of fruits and veggies. I made room on the counter for the juicer and room in the fridge for the food. I am looking forward to getting this started tomorrow. I have to work tonight so it will have to wait until tomorrow for me.

My hopes for this reboot is mostly to feel better and have more energy. Maybe my hair will stop falling out and finally start looking better. I hope the arthritis in my knee gets better and my allergies go away. Obviously weight loss is a bonus but it is not my main drive here. I just want to feel better and to hurt less. Anything else that comes with it will make me happy.

So I will check in every day and we will see how I do. Not eating food will be weird. But hopefully the juice will fill me up so that I won't think about it to much. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment