Thursday, January 6, 2011

So far ... diddly

So we are now what 5 days into 2011? And I have done a whole lot of NOTHING on my road to better health and another baby. I shouldn't say that. I bought a medium Redbull the other day on my way to work instead of the the large can. HA! Baby steps are better then no steps.

Sadly I have fit no exercise in. My walking DVD is still sitting here on the side table. I have a stupid cold. I am miserable. Does coughing until my brain wants to explode count as working out? Because if it does I am golden! I am not sleeping much because I am up all night coughing. I am not getting much in for naps during the day. Either I am coughing or the baby is napping for 30 minutes tops before going into full on panic mode. Separation anxiety has set in ... lucky me. Don't get me wrong I love snuggling the baby. But he wanted to be in my arms for large amounts of time yesterday. And if I wasn't snuggling him while sitting in the middle of a pile of laundry that I only got half folded and that he was wiping his nose on then I was chasing him around. He does not crawl yet but he does creep. He pulls himself around on his belly with his arms like some kind of tiny little zombie child. (He bites with that one little tooth so be careful) It gets him around and it gets him there pretty fast. And the Christmas tree is still up. Like I said I have been sick. He decided that his big brother's Christmas ornaments and the string of lights looked like fabulous things to chew on. With out the presents there to block him it was a free for all. My tree skirt is no longer under the tree. He pulled it out, rolled around in it and left it for dead in the middle of the living room. *sigh* Why are boys so messy?

I have a guilty admission. I pulled out the box of maternity clothes and took out a pair of my stretchy pants. They are not maternity pants. The are just fat girl jeans that I bought at Walmart during my second trimester. You know that funny phase when your regular jeans are to tight but your belly by no means fits into the huge belly panels of preggo pants? Ya I am wearing those jeans. They are so comfy and stretchy. My regular jeans are getting a little tight and while feeling sick and crappy I just couldn't deal with it anymore. So I pulled out the stretchy jeans Tuesday and headed to work fully expecting to hear my coworker give me crap. When I told her I had no urge to ever go back to regular jeans after the baby was born she told me my husband would divorce me if I did not pack them away. Ya well poop on that. I am fat and sick and want to be comfy at work. Oh well!

So ... well ... ya ... I have done nothing. When I feel crappy I get into this "my give a damn is busted" feeling which tends to lead to horrible eating habits. Which would explain why my breakfast consisted of a diet caffeine free pop and Oreos. Trust me the only reason I drank that pop was because we had nothing else in the fridge to drink but milk. I hate milk. And I drank enough water yesterday to kill a horse. So I just wasn't in the mood for it this morning. Despite my love for water. That is one of my few benefits in all this. I LOVE WATER. It has to be cold and the more ice in it the happier I am. But I truly enjoy drinking water. I just like Redbull better. HA!

If I ever get rid of this cold things might start happening. I should probably at least pull out my hand weights and do a little lifting. Heck I could do that from the chair while watching Kathie Lee and Hoda every morning. Now there is a thought .... DING!

No comments:

Post a Comment